Weird Cottage' 11

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Bangkok, Wait for Me!!


In January, we have planned to go Bangkok as our company trip. After club discussion, our trip had planned for 4 days 3 nights trip to Bangkok and Pattaya from 23 June - 26 June 2007. My company club's president helped us make AirAsia tickets booking and hotel arrangement. We just needed to pay money for him. So, there are 12 people including me and two outsider joining the trip.



Since my passport was due in November 2006, I have to renew my passport. In May, my colleague and I went to renew my passport at Immigration Office located at Subang Airport Terminal 2. We done with the renew procedure around 9.30 am and the officer said that we can collect our passport in the afternoon 2pm. We did not went back to house or office, we just waited at the office for the collection. Around 2.30pm, we collected our passport and went home.



In early of June, when I read a newspaper to know the situation and news about Thailand. The news wrote out that the supporters of Thai formal Prime Minister will have a demonstration on 24 June. <( ~ o ~)> I just shouted out "How can this happen when we are going to have our trip there??!!" But what can we do about it since we already paid for the flight ticket and hotel. We still have to go there and hopefully nothing will happen.



Now, I start to pack my clothes, changers, toothbrush, etc into luggage; just in case I forget something else. In my hand luggage, I put my camera, portable storage device, fold-able bag, passport and wallet.



The most interesting part in my packing was I found a way to minimize the space in my luggage so that I can put more clothes in. I bought a box of sandwich zipped bag to vacuum-packed my clothes. I folded my cloth, put inside the bag, then roll the cloth to press the air out and quickly seal the bag. The clothes became vacuum-packed and the space needed in luggage became smaller. So, when I buy my favourite souvenirs in Bangkok, I still have space to put them.



I went to convert Malaysia Ringgit to Thai Baht at money changer counter in the shopping centre. I converted RM 550 to 5390 Thai Bath (RM0.30 change) with rate of RM10.20 to 100 Thai Bath.

This coming Saturday, I going to Bangkok.
So wish myself a good luck and have a nice trip!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home